Sunday, June 24, 2007

Why ECT went to jail

Why did ECT went to jail: 99 days of danger"A biography of former Member of Parliament Thaworn Senniem and complete court document of this historical case. A case which I am proud to be part of since the first strategic meeting till the end. We risked a lot and didn't have the Party's backing or even blessing. We only saw that this is best way out for our country at the time. We took action when most was just talking. Failure could mean we go to jail.The book talks briefly about Khun Thaworn's life, why he decided to put his neck on the line. It was exactly 99 days since we file the case to the court and the day of the verdict.A lot of people doubted our team. Soon enough we were heroes and everyone are backing us as if they were behind us the whole time. Wonderful and sincere people we work with...The day of the verdict was quite an exciting day as we could not even leave the court house due possible violent attacks. I can still remember how we have to sneak out like some criminals, ashamed of what we've done. I also remember getting a parking ticket when I finally get to my car, signed my a high ranking police officer who don't normally write tickets any more. He walked towards me and smile with contempt to see that I was frustrated to see the ticket!I wonder why he did that, then I saw that my car has the Democrat Party head quarter parking sticker in the front window. Another Thaksin worshiper, I thought. Another uniform aiming to please his god. I waved, smile and bid goodbye.Most of the pictures in this book is the work of yours truly. The book is in Thai. If you want a copy, let me know.

No comments: